Green Star Rating
The Green Star rating scheme is administered by the Green Building Council of Australia.
Green Star is a comprehensive, national, voluntary environmental rating scheme that evaluates the environmental design and achievements of buildings.
Green Star was developed for the property industry in order to:
– Establish a common language;
– Set a standard of measurement for green buildings;
– Promote integrated, whole-building design;
– Recognise environmental leadership;
– Identify building life-cycle impacts; and
– Raise awareness of green building benefits.
Green Star covers a number of categories that assess the environmental impact that is a direct consequence of a projects site selection, design, construction and maintenance.
Green Star has become widely adopted and is now a requirement of many tenants. Integration of the Green Star process at the start of the design is essential to achieve the desired performance and value proposition.