In our last newsletter we talked about Section J being new and that everyone was working out what they had to do at the Construction Certificate stage. Now the question arises, what do we need to do at the other end of the process?

Obviously PCAs will want the Section J part of the work to be signed off. This will require inspection of completed works. It should include obtaining compliance certificates from critical suppliers and contractors. These include glazing, insulation, mechanical equipment and lighting.

At Application Solutions we pull all these documents together plus our inspection report to provide the PCA with the evidence of compliance. On some jobs it is important to include interim inspections to note items that will later be hard to verify or to discuss solutions to issues that arise on site during construction.

Plan ahead to avoid problems at Occupancy Certificate stage.

Sept 2007


Scroll to Top